Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So Long, Country Florist. Hello Cute Doctor

I've been ruminating over my mixed feelings about moving the store. On the one paw, I will miss the Country Florist next door. So many hours I spent playing tag with their employees. (I was always 'it' and once I slipped between the legs of the customers coming in the door, they couldn't catch me unless I wanted them to. I got lots of petting and treats (don't tell Mom), and I heard they wanted to adopt me. (who wouldn't?).

On the other paw, this new store has neighbors as well... new people to impress with my awesomeness. One of the new stores is a doctors office. I adore the nurses, they treat me in the style of which I expect to be accustomed. I am cordial to the doctors. They understand me. It's a huge burden for me to be as perpetually fabulous at all times for my endless fans. The doctors share this concept, even if they don't have all the paparrazi that I do. Their offices would be ideal if there were no sick people there.

On the third paw, this new site has a great glass window that I can look out at night and watch the car headlights and laugh at the traffic. If you are ever stuck in a traffic jam on Hwy 360 (which is basically inevitable), look toward my window. I'll wave at you. (or maybe ignore you..depends on my mood).

On the fourth paw, there are 3 fewer less storage rooms for me to get trapped in. phew. That is a load off my mind. Just because I sneak in the storage rooms between yours legs while you aren't looking, or jump up into the ceiling tiles to explore doesn't mean I want to actually stay in there. They are great places to play in, but totally kibbleless. A cat could get hungry up there.

When I first moved here, my human wouldn't let me out the door. I tried various Shock and Awe techniques until she finally agreed to let me outside (by the way, what does "play on the highway, mean?").
But now, I am wise to her tactics. I only go out when she doesn't want me to. When she wants me to go outside, I dive under the nearest couch. heh heh heh. I could do this for hours.

The new store hopefully will have great places for acrobatics, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment